Foccacia Bread 🍞🍅🌿
One of our favourite Italian breads has to be Foccacia bread, it's light and full of amazing flavours. It's so versatile because you can top it with anything you want and can serve it either on it's own or with a number of different sauces. It can make a great starter, side or even great as a main served with salad!
To make this tasty Italian bread follow the recipe below:
-500g strong white bread flour
-14g dried yeast
-250ml lukewarm water
-2tbsp olive oil
- Firstly put the flour, salt, yeast, sugar, olive oil and ¾ of the water into a large bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon to form a dough. Then knead the dough inside the bowl for about 5 minutes and while you are doing that gradually add in the rest of the water.
- Next stretch the dough by hand inside the bowl, tuck the sides into the centre, turn the bowl 80 degrees and repeat this for about 5 minutes.
- Grease a clean surface with the oil and put the dough onto the surface and knead for a further 5 minutes.
- Put the dough back into the bowl and cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm dry place for 30 minutes until it doubles in size.
- Get a large baking tray and grease with oil, then put the dough onto the baking tray and flatten, use a wooden spoon to help, try to flatten the corners and get a rectangle shape. Leave the dough on the baking tray, cover and let it settle for an 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7/425F/220C. Drizzle the loaves with oil, sprinkle with seasoning and toppings of your choice, we've added olives, red onion, mixed peppers and tomato!
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. When the Focaccia bread is baked slice and serve. For added taste try adding some thyme, rosemary or dry chilli and serve either hot or warm with sauce if you wish!
*For the authentic Italian taste for the sauce we've made here, we use a tin of chopped Italian tomatoes, 4 cloves of garlic, 2tbsp of olive oil, a pinch of salt and sugar and 1tsp oregano. Simmer this on the stove for 20 minutes to reach it's best flavour* 😋
An easy, light tasty Italian bread that's perfect any time of the day!
Don't Foccacia bread 😉 remember to make it as soon as you can ❤️😉