Garlic & Herb Breaded Mushrooms 🧄🌱
Prep time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 10 minutes. Serves 2.
Garlic and herb breaded mushrooms are one of our favourite starters to a meal or a great snack to have when you want something different. They're really popular and have you noticed that when you go to the pub they always have these but there's always something missing and they're not as good as the ones that you can make and taste similar to frozen ones. We've always loved making them at home and wanted to share an easy recipe with you so you can make them too! 😀
- 200g button mushrooms
- 200g plain flour (put in a separate bowl)
- 2 eggs, whisked (put in a separate bowl)
- 2 slices white bread (processed into breadcrumbs)
- Breadcrumb mix (breadcrumbs, 1tsp mixed herbs, 1tsp paprika, 1/2tsp onion powder, 1/2tsp garlic powder, pinch of salt and pepper (put in a separate bowl)
- 200ml oil (you can use any)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp mayo
1) Start off by dipping a mushroom into the flour, making sure it's all covered then into the egg, again making sure it's covered and then into the breadcrumb mix, making sure it's fully covered.
2) Repeat this with all the mushrooms and put them on a plate ready for frying.
3) In a large pan, heat the oil and once it's hot place half of the mushrooms and shallow fry them on one side for 5 minutes or until golden brown then turn over and do the same. Once they're golden brown remove from the pan and dab off any excess oil.
4) Serve immediately with the garlic mayo and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy these yummy breaded mushrooms as much as we do!
Save mush-room for these for dinner, you'll be glad you did 🍄😋