Giant Chocolate Orange Skillet Cookie 🍪🍫🍊
Chocolate orange...😍 what more can we say?! One of the best flavour combinations ever!!! When we combine these flavours with one of our favourite desserts it's incredible and this recipe is even more incredible baked in a skillet as you get the crunchy, chewy and gooey textures all in one! Great as a sharing dessert, if you can share something as delicious as this 😂
125g plain flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
180g plain chocolate, chopped
2 tsp unsalted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
30g light brown sugar
30g granulated sugar
1 tsp orange zest
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tbsp whole milk
200g orange chocolate, chopped (We used Lindt Intense Orange)
50g chocolate chips (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and grease a round large skillet with butter and set aside.
2) Next a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
3) Then in a large, microwave safe bowl, combine the plain chopped chocolate and butter. Heat them in the microwave for 15 second increments, stirring in between, repeat this until the butter and chocolate are completely melted and then set aside to cool for a few minutes. Next into the chocolate mix, add in the vanilla, then whisk in both sugars and orange zest. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then add in the milk and combine everything together.
4) Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine. Then add in the chopped orange chocolate, stirring until everything is just combined.
5) Once the cookie dough is ready pour into the skillet, making sure it is spread out evenly.
6) Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are set and the tops are dark and shiny. Press a few extra chocolate chips on top of the warm cookies, if you wish.
7) Serve immediately to enjoy all those yummy textures...it also goes perfect with a scoop of ice cream on top!
Tough cookies never crumble!! 🍪😉