Ice Cream Sandwiches🍦🍪
We know it's getting colder outside but these ice cream sandwiches will give you that summery fresh feeling. Ice cream can be enjoyed in any weather and if you're keeping warm at home, a little cool ice cream is amazing 😋💕
-125g softened butter
-75g icing sugar
-100g plain flour
-40g cocoa powder
-Handful of chocolate chips (optional)
For the filling:
-Any ice cream you wish 😋🥰
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/ 325F/ 160C.
2. Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper and grease with the butter.
3. Add the butter and sugar to a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon until you get a creamy texture, then beat in the egg yolk and add the vanilla.
4. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and then mix together to form the dough.
5. Place the mixture between 2 baking sheets and roll out until the dough is roughly ½ cm thick.
6. Cut out shapes using biscuit cutters. Repeat until all the dough is used and make sure to leave enough space between each biscuit.
7. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Put the biscuits onto a wire rack to cool and then sandwich the biscuits together using the ice cream and enjoy!
Get the inside scoop 😉🍨