Keema Curry With Quorn Mince 🍛🧄🌶
This Quorn Keema Curry is amazing and a perfect dish for when you want to make a dry curry that's also light but doesn't compromise on flavour. Something that you can enjoy anytime as it's packed with protein and low in saturated fats so it's a healthy dish for all the family! It can also be made in advance so saves you so much time on busy days when you're wondering what to make for dinner. It's great paired with naan but you can also have it with rice, put it in a wrap or even have it on it's own with some yogurt!
-300g Quorn mince
-75g frozen peas
-2tbsp olive oil
-¼ tsp black mustard seeds
-¼ tsp fennel seeds
-1 large chopped white onion
-2 tsp of cinnamon
-4 cloves chopped garlic
-2 tbsp chopped ginger
-1 medium red/chilli de-seeded and finely chopped.
-3 tbsp tomato puree
-1 tsp salt
-¼ tsp ground pepper
-1 tsp turmeric
-1 tsp ground cumin
-1 tsp ground coriander
-1 tsp garam masala
-1 curry leaf
-100 ml water
-Handful of chopped coriander/curry leaf (for garnishing)
1. In a large frying pan heat the oil on a medium heat for 1 minute, then add in the mustard seeds and fennel seeds, cook for a minute and once you hear them pop add the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Next add in the tomato, salt, pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, ground coriander, garam masala, curry leaf and stir well. Cook this for another 10 minutes until all the spices have infused into the tomato. Then add a splash of water and leave to simmer on a very low heat.
3. While the sauce is cooking you can start cooking the mince in another pan over a medium heat for about 10 minutes- a few minutes before the end add the peas.
4. Once the sauce is ready and the mince is cooked, add the mince and peas into the sauce and slowly stir altogether. Reduce the heat and cook for another 5 minutes, making sure that you stir every couple minutes.
5. Once the curry is ready, garnish with the coriander and serve with rice, naan or yogurt! We love serving ours with wholemeal pitta naan with butter! It compliments the curry very nicely!!
We hope you enjoy this tasty curry just as much as we do!
Are you ready for an explosion of flavours? Of course you are...
Spread Hap-pea-ness! 😉