Quorn Masala Curry 🌶🌶
Curry night is a firm favourite in our house and we just love everything about a traditional Indian curry! Those amazing flavours and that aroma of all those wonderful spices is just spectacular and of course a delicious treat for our palate too 😋
We are vegetarian and absolutely love using Quorn pieces when we make a curry and this time we tried their incredible recipe for Quorn Masala Curry and added our own little twist to make it extra special 😉
-300g Quorn pieces
-2tbsp olive oil
-¼ tsp black mustard seeds
-¼ tsp fennel seeds
-1 large chopped white onion
-2 tsp of cinnamon
-4 cloves chopped garlic
-2 tbsp chopped ginger
-1 medium red/chilli de-seeded and finely chopped.
-1 can chopped tomatoes
-1 tsp salt
-¼ tsp ground pepper
-1 tsp turmeric
-1 tsp ground cumin
-1 tsp ground coriander
-1 tsp garam masala
-Handful of chopped coriander (for garnishing)
1. In a large frying pan heat the oil on a medium heat for 1 minute, then add in the mustard seeds and fennel, cook for a minute and once you hear them pop add the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Next add in the tomatoes, salt, pepper, cinnamon, turmeric, cumin, ground coriander, garam masala and stir well. Cook this for another 10 minutes until all the spices have infused into the tomato sauce.
3. While the sauce is cooking you can start cooking the pieces in another pan over a medium heat.
4. Once the sauce is ready and the pieces are cooked, add the Quorn Pieces and water and slowly stir altogether. Reduce the heat and cook for another 15 minutes, making sure that you stir every few minutes.
5. Once the curry is ready, garnish with the coriander and serve with rice or naan and a lime wedge! We love serving ours with garlic and coriander naan! It compliments the curry very nicely!!
We hope you enjoy this tasty curry just as much as we do!
Forget about all that bland food...are you ready for an explosion of flavours? Of course you are...
Spice Spice Baby! 😉