Spiced Apple & Grape Chutney 🍏🍇
Prep Time: 20 minutes. Cook Time: 30 minutes. Makes: Approx 750g
Spiced apple and grape chutney is a must this Christmas season. It’s one of those chutneys that will go with almost anything…you can have it in your festive sandwiches, with your toasties, cheese and crackers and even as part of your Christmas roast dinner. We love it because it’s goes with everything and has all this perfect Christmas flavours you look for when choosing a chutney. Apple and grapes are the best fruits to work with this season and ne of the easiest things you can make is a nice chutney so go ahead an give this recipe a try…
-5 cooking apples- peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces.
-150 seedless green grapes (cut in quarters)
-1 chilli de-seeded-you can use red or green
-1 large onion
-200ml cider vinegar
-200g caster sugar
-1tsp mustard seeds
-1tsp cumin seeds
1. Start off by heating 2 tbsp of oil in a large pan and add in the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and wait for them to pop and become aromatic. Then add in the chilli cook until softened.
2. Next add in the onions and cider vinegar then bring to the boil. Now simmer on a medium heat for about 7 minutes until onions have become soft.
3. Then add in the apples, grapes, sugar, salt and allspice and combine everything together.
4. Finally bring back to the boil and keep stirring every few minutes. Do this for about 10 minutes until the fruit has softened, and the mixture is thick and spreadable.
5. Once your mixture is ready take off the heat and let it set further and cool down. Once cooled place in jars ready for serving. These chutneys will last in the fridge for approximately 2 weeks!
Forget all those standard sauces and dips! Enjoy these chutneys with your foods this Christmas and add a more scrumptious accompaniment 😉
Let’s live apple-y ever after… 😉