Spicy Chickpea Chaat 🌶💖😋
This spicy chickpea chaat is the perfect light yet refreshing lunch you can have on a nice summers day! It's spicy but also packed full of flavour and because chickpeas are a good source of protein you will feel energised and ready for the rest of the day after eating it! Give it a try your taste buds will definitely thank you!
A quick lunch in 5 minutes!!
Ingredients needed to make it:
- A tin of chickpeas, wash and drained
- 4tbsp tamarind sauce mixed with 12 tbsp water
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced/sliced
- Thinly sliced red chilli
- 1tsp paprika
- Handful of Indian chevro (you can buy in most supermarkets and Indian sweetmarts)
- Chopped coriander
- Season with salt & pepper
1) Start off by mixing the tamarind water into the chickpeas. Then season and add in the paprika and mix well.
2) Then stir in the red onion, tomato, chilli and coriander.
3) Sprinkle over the spicy chevro.
A perfect quick lunch full of all those amazing Indian flavours to really wake up your palette!
Why not give this a try and spice up your life 🌶😉