Strawberries & Cream Cupcakes 🍓🧁
Now that the weather is finally getting warmer- the flavours that come to mind when thinking about baking something is strawberries and cream! These two flavours just go so well together and make a perfect afternoon treat! So we made these yummy cupcakes in less than an hour- such an easy recipe and can be adapted to how you want to make it so it's just how you like it.
For the cupcakes-
-125g softened butter
-125g caster sugar
-1 medium egg
-125g self raising flour
-1tsp vanilla/strawberry extract
-30g dried strawberries (you can also use a dollop of strawberry jam in the middle of each one after it's cooled and before you top it with buttercream)
For the buttercream:
-200g icing sugar
-100g softened butter
-1tsp strawberry extract (optional)
1. Firstly preheat the oven to gas mark 5/ 375F/ 190C and line a baking tray with 12 cases.
2. Next in a large bowl, add in the butter and sugar and mix well until you have a creamy consistency. Then add in the egg and mix well.
3. Next sieve in the flour and combine everything well together then finally add in the flavours that you're using (dried strawberry pieces, strawberry crisps etc) and the extract of your choice.
4. Now that you have your mixture, divide between all the cupcake cakes and fill them till they’re about 3/4 full.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 12- 15 minutes. To check if they’re baked place a butter knife or cocktail stick through the centre of one and if it comes out clean then they’re ready. While they’re cooling you can make the topping.
6. In a large bowl mix together the icing sugar, softened butter, milk and the extract. Mix well until you have a thick creamy consistency.
7. Once the cupcakes and the buttercream topping is ready, pipe the buttercream onto each cupcake 🧁
Enjoy as soon as you would like as these are the berry best 😋