Vegan Chickpea Burgers 🍔😋
Vegan Chickpea Burgers inspired by Jamie Oliver 😋 These are so tasty and so simple to make...packed full of flavour and protein and can also be made in advance so you can cook them up in 10 minutes whenever you're ready to eat 🍔🥰 Stop wasting money on all those frozen burgers and make your very own...you'll be so glad you did and you can customise them as much as you want with the flavours you love.
-1 x 400 g tin of chickpeas
-1 x 340 g tin of sweetcorn
-½ a bunch of fresh coriander , (15g)
-½ teaspoon paprika
-½ teaspoon ground coriander
-½ teaspoon ground cumin
-Juice of half lime
-3 heaped tablespoons plain flour , plus extra for dusting
-2 Garlic gloves
-An inch green chilli
-2 large ripe tomatoes
-1 red onion
-4 burger buns
Salt and pepper
1. Drain the chickpeas and sweetcorn, then tip into a food processor. Pick the coriander leaves, adding half the leaves and all the stalks to the processor.
2. Add the spices, seasoning, flour, garlic, chilli and lime juice, then pulse until combined, but not smooth – you want to retain a bit of texture.
3. On a flour-dusted surface, divide and shape the mixture into 4 equal-sized patties, roughly 2cm thick. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
4. Heat a splash of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the patties and cook for 10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through, turning halfway.
5. While the burgers are cooking make your salad. Once the burgers are cooked, place a burger on the bun and top with salad and the sauces 🥰😍
Simply Plant Powered!