Vegan Chocolate Brownies 🌱🍫
When it comes to chocolately bakes, brownies are an ultimate favourite in our house. They're just so gooey and delicious and we just love them! Vegan brownies taste just as good and in our book any kind of brownie that contains a lot of chocolate is a winner with us! These will definitely satisfy those delicious chocolatey cravings...the question is, is one brownie enough? 🤣😋
-2 tbsp ground flaxseed
-200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
-80g vegan margarine, plus extra for greasing
-125g self-raising flour
-70g ground almonds
-50g cocoa powder
-¼ tsp baking powder
-250g golden caster sugar
-1½ tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160C and grease and line a baking tin.
2. Next combine the flaxseed with 6 tbsp water and set aside for a few minutes.
3. Now, in a saucepan, melt 120g chocolate, the margarine with 60ml water on a low heat. Leave to cool slightly.
4. Put he flour, almonds, cocoa, baking powder and ¼ tsp salt in a bowl and stir to remove any lumps. Using a hand whisk, mix the sugar into the melted chocolate mixture, and beat well until smooth and glossy, making sure that all the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the flaxseed mixture, vanilla extract and remaining chocolate, then the flour mixture. Finally spoon into the prepared tin.
5. Bake for 30-40 mins, to check if they’re baked place a butter knife into the centre of a brownie and if it comes out clean they’re ready. Allow to cool in the tin completely, then cut into squares. Serve with cream, ice cream or chocolate sauce and enjoy!
You can store these brownies in an airtight container and they will last for up to 4 days!
A brownie a day keeps the frownies away 😊