Gingerbread Truffles 😍
Prep Time: 30 minutes. Chill Time: 2 hours. Makes: 50 Truffles
Gingerbread truffles are so decadent, delicious and just add that extra special touch on Christmas day. You can always buy chocolates and truffles but there’s nothing like homemade ones which add those special Christmas flavours. We absolutely love making our own and wanted to share our recipe with you so you can also make some wonderful gingerbread truffles of your own.
-1 pack of gingernut biscuits
-100g white chocolate/ dark chocolate (your preference)
-Writing icing (for decoration-optional)
-1tbsp caramel/ golden syrup
-Cocoa powder (optional)
-100g cream cheese
1. Start off by lining a baking tray with greaseproof paper and set aside. Then place the whole pack of gingernut biscuits into a food processor and pulse until you have a crumb mixture.
2. Next add the cream cheese to the crumb mixture and mix well. Then add in the caramel/golden syrup. You should have a firm but well blended mixture.
3. Once your mixture is perfect, tip out of the food processor and roll out little balls using the palm of you hands. Repeat this until you have finished all your mixture.
4. Then place the truffles in the fridge to set for approximately 2 hours before you decorate them.
5. When your truffles are nearly set, you can start making the toppings. For the chocolate place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water over a low heat and add in the chocolate chunks. Stir the chocolate chunks slowly until they have all melted. If you prefer to melt the chocolate in a microwave you can also do this.
5. Next chop the nuts into very small pieces and keep all your decorations ready such as the cocoa powder, sprinkles, desiccated coconut etc
6. Once your truffles are set place a cocktail stick in the middle of one and dip into the chocolate fully then roll into your choice of topping! Repeat this will them all. You can now either keep them in the fridge until serving or make little gift bags buy placing a few in small cellophane bags sealed with some ribbon! The perfect homemade gift!
We hope you enjoy the truffles and have fun making them…
Who will you share your last gingerbread truffle with? 😉