Mozzarella Stuffed Dough Balls with Garlic & Parsley Butter 😍😋🧄
Prep Time: 2 hours 30 minutes. Bake Time: 10-12 minutes. Makes: 16-18.
Dough balls are one of our favourite go to starters especially when we go to an Italian restaurant but there's always something missing so we've created our own version and we must say these are the best ones we've had!! It's the soft pillowy texture with that stretchy mozzarella in the middle and when it's dipped into the garlic butter oh wow....it's a taste sensation!! We can't get enough of these! Seriously though have we convinced you enough to want to make these? 😉 Go on give them a try...
Ingredients needed for the dough balls:
-350g 00 flour
-200ml lukewarm water
-1 tsp dried yeast
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp sugar
-1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
Ingredients needed for the garlic butter:
-100g softened butter
-1-2 gloves of crushed garlic (can use garlic puree if you wish)
-Freshly chopped parsley
1. Start off by adding the yeast, sugar and salt measuring jug filled with the lukewarm water and mix- then set aside for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl or mixer add the flour and oil, then add in the water mixture and mix for 2 minutes until a soft dough is formed. Add more flour if mixture seems too wet and water if it's too dry. Then leave to rest in the bowl for 10 minutes.
3. Next place the dough on a clean floured surface and knead for about 8 minutes. It will be smooth and elastic after this so you can then shape it into a ball and put in a large bowl, lightly greased with oil and cover with clingfilm. Leave in a warm dry place until it doubles in size (this should take about 1-2 hours).
4. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and if using our pizza stone place that in the oven to preheat too for around 15 minutes (this will help the dough balls cook through evenly and much more quicker).
5. Once the dough is ready, place on a lightly floured surface and knead for 2 minutes to remove the any extra air.
6. Next divide the dough in dough balls and push in a little mozzarella in the middle of each one and roll again into a ball making sure it is sealed. Place on a baking tray/pizza stone (be careful as the pizza stone will be hot) and make sure there is a least 2-3cm gap between each one.
7. Bake in the oven for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until nicely golden brown!
8. While the dough balls are baking prepare the garlic butter.
9. Once the dough balls are baked serve with the garlic butter. You can even melt the butter completely and drizzle it on the dough balls- we've done both 😉
Bake these up before you dough- dough!! 😉😍