Pineapple Loaf Cake 🍍
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Bake Time: 30-40 minutes. Makes: 1 Loaf
Pineapple loaf cake is perfect for this time of year to bring more sunshine back into your life…Now that summer is here, enjoy those cocktail flavours in your bakes too! More cocktails, fruity bakes and summery flavours is just what we all need at the moment!
Even if you can't travel at the moment, give your palette a taste of the Carribean with this yummy fruity bake and feel as if you're in paradise! All the things you love from a cocktail in a dessert...
-250g plain flour
-200g fruit sugar
-1tsp bicarbonate of soda
-1 whole pineapple/ 435g tinned pineapple
-1tbsp raspberry jam
-Chocolate shavings/ desiccated coconut
-25ml rum (optional)
1) Start off by pre-heating the oven to gas mark 4/ 350F/ 180C and grease a loaf tin with a little butter/oil (you can also line the tin with greaseproof paper if you prefer) Please note the size of the tin should be approximately 18.5cm x 11.5cm and 6.5cm.
2) Next prepare the pineapple. If using fresh pineapple, cut carefully and make sure you have small pieces that will mix well with the cake batter- if you have extra juice from the pineapple, keep this too as this will help the cake stay moist. You can make the pieces as small as you wish. If using tinned pineapple empty into a bowl and, using a fork breakdown the pieces a little more
3) In another large bowl whisk together the sugar and eggs (one at a time) until you have a creamy mixture.
4) Then sieve in the dry ingredients such as the flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix well. When your mixture is combined well, add in the pineapple so that that it is all mixed through thoroughly. If your mixture is too wet, then add in a little more flour, you should have a smooth mixture as your cake batter. Add in the rum if you're using some 😉
6) While the cake is cooling you can prepare the toppings- if using chocolate you can grate your desired amount or you can even make chocolate shavings. If using coconut, desiccated coconut is best as it is easy to sprinkle!
7) Once the cake is ready let it cool. Once cooled removed from the tin and spread on a thick layer of jam on the top (you can also slice the loaf in half and add another layer of jam in between if you wish!) then sprinkle over either the chocolate or the coconut on top of the jam! Or simply slice and then enjoy as it is!
We hope you enjoy this cake, find it as tasty and find that it has that lovely tropical flavour! Summer has just began!
Happy Baking and live pine-applely ever after ❤️