Rustic Style Italian Veggie Pizza 🇮🇹🍕🍅
Pizzas are one of those dishes where you can be as creative as you want, you don't have to worry about being neat- rustic is best and you can have fun! A great dish to make with the whole family and one of the best foods you could ever eat in our opinion!
When you've travelled the world eating your favourite foods, you know exactly where you've had the best! For us it's been in Italy, the best pizza in the world! We literally used to eat it at least once a day while we were in a Florence, Rome and Venice- the pizzas were amazing, we couldn't get enough! This is why when we travel we always have to stop by and visit an Italian city, even if it's just for a day! 🍕🥗
Therefore, we set out to make the best pizzas when we got home and we can honestly say we've made the best pizzas using our pizza stone- When we took that first bite and it felt as if we were in Italy again! We've made plenty of pizzas that we thought were delicious but the addition of them being cooked on the pizza stone has just made the bakes even more revolutionary 😀
Although there are many pizza toppings and sauces, we believe that you can't beat the traditional homemade base with homemade tomato sauce topped with mozzarella and garnished with basil! The simpler the better and if you want some toppings, veggies are perfect because they add a great taste without being overpowering!
So why not have your very own pizza party and create some delicious pizzas that your friends and family will just love. With travel limited at the moment why not bring all your favourite foods home? You can get creative, make as many as you like and eat pizza that's light, crispy and tasty making it feel like you've been to a restaurant! What an achievement it will be making restaurant style pizzas yourself and with the help of our pizza stones you'll become a professional in no time! To make the dough follow the recipe below:
-500g 00 flour
-300ml warm water
-1 1/2 tsp dried yeast
-1 1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp sugar
-2 tbsp olive oil
-1 green/red chilli
-Handful of cherry tomatoes
-Handful of button mushrooms
-1 red onion
-150g grated mozzarella- cheddar also works well
*For the authentic Italian taste for the sauce, we use a tin of chopped Italian tomatoes, 4 cloves of garlic, 2tbsp of olive oil, a pinch of salt and sugar and 1tsp oregano. Simmer this on the stove for 20 minutes to reach it's best flavour! Put this on the pizza along with..yes you guessed it- grated mozzarella and anything toppings you wish...😋
1. Start off by adding the yeast, sugar and salt measuring jug filled with the lukewarm water and mix- then set aside for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl or mixer add the flour and oil, then add in the water mixture and mix for 2 minutes until a soft dough is formed. Add more flour if mixture seems too wet and water if it's too dry. Then leave to rest in the bowl for 10 minutes.
3. Next place the dough on a clean floured surface and knead for about 8 minutes. It will be smooth and elastic after this so you can then shape it into a ball and put in a large bowl, lightly greased with oil and cover with clingfilm. Leave in a warm dry place until it doubles in size (this should take about 1-2 hours).
4. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F and if using our pizza stone place that in the oven to preheat too (this will help the pizza cook through evenly and much more quicker).
5. Once the dough is ready, place on a lightly floured surface and knead for 2 minutes to remove the any extra air.
6. Next divide the dough into 2 for 2 medium pizzas. Roll out until 1/2cm thin and place on a baking tray/pizza stone (be careful as the pizza stone will be hot).
7. Add your choice of tomato sauce, cheese and all those yummy veggie toppings and bake in the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes!
8. Once baked, slice on a cutting board and enjoy immediately!
We hope you enjoy a taste of Italy with our rustic style pizzas 🇮🇹
This will definitely have a 'pizza' your heart 🍕💖